Synonymns For "To Minister" [verb]
diakoneo - ergazomai - parecho - douleuo - latreuo
DIAKONEO = to serve
1247 DIAKONEO (dee-ak-on-eh'-o)
AV-minister unto 15, serve 10, minister 7, misc 5; 37
1) to be a servant, attendant, domestic, to serve, wait upon
1a) to minister to one, render ministering offices to
1a1) to be served, ministered unto
1b) to wait at a table and offer food and drink to the guests,
1b1) of women preparing food
1c) to minister i.e. supply food and necessities of life
1c1) to relieve one's necessities (e.g. by collecting alms), to provide take care of, distribute, the things necessary to sustain life
1c2) to take care of the poor and the sick, who administer the office of a deacon
1c3) in Christian churches to serve as deacons
1d) to minister
1d1) to attend to anything, that may serve another's interests
1d2) to minister a thing to one, to serve one or by supplying any thing
- Matthew 4:11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered <1247> unto him.
- Matthew 8:15 And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered <1247> unto them.
- Matthew 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto <1247>, but to minister <1247>, and to give his life a ransom for many.
- Matthew 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did <1247> not minister <1247> unto thee?
- Matthew 27:55 And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering <1247> unto him:
- Mark 1:13 And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered <1247> unto him.
- Mark 1:31 And he came and took her by the hand, and lifted her up; and immediately the fever left her, and she ministered <1247> unto them.
- Mark 10:45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto <1247>, but to minister <1247>, and to give his life a ransom for many.
- Mark 15:41 (Who also, when he was in Galilee, followed him, and ministered <1247> unto him;) and many other women which came up with him unto Jerusalem.
- Luke 4:39 And he stood over her, and rebuked the fever; and it left her: and immediately she arose and ministered <1247> unto them.
- Luke 8:3 And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered <1247> unto him of their substance.
- Luke 10:40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve <1247> alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
- Luke 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve <1247> them.
- Luke 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve <1247> me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
- Luke 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve <1247>.
- Luke 22:27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth <1247>? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth <1247>.
- John 12:2 There they made him a supper; and Martha served <1247>: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him.
- John 12:26 If any man serve <1247> me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve <1247> me, him will my Father honour.
- Acts 6:2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve <1247> tables.
- Acts 19:22 So he sent into Macedonia two of them that ministered <1247> unto him, Timotheus and Erastus; but he himself stayed in Asia for a season.
- Romans 15:25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister <1247> unto the saints.
- 2 Corinthians 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered <1247> by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
- 2 Corinthians 8:19 And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered <1247> by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:
- 2 Corinthians 8:20 Avoiding this, that no man should blame us in this abundance which is administered <1247> by us:
- 1 Timothy 3:10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon <1247>, being found blameless.
- 1 Timothy 3:13 For they that have used the office of a deacon <1247> well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
- 2 Timothy 1:18 The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me <1247> at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.
- Philemon 1:13 Whom I would have retained with me, that in thy stead he might have ministered <1247> unto me in the bonds of the gospel:
- Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered <1247> to the saints, and do minister <1247>.
- 1 Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister <1247> the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
- 1 Peter 4:10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister <1247> the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
- 1 Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister <1247>, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
ERGAZOMAI = to work
2038 ERGAZOMAI (ER-GAD'-ZOM-AHEE)
PARECHO = to offer one’s assistance, to minister
AV-work 22, wrought 7, do 3, minister about 1, forbear working+3361 1, labour for 1, labour 1, commit 1,
trade by 1, trade 1; 39
1) to work, labour, do work
2) to trade, to make gains by trading, "do business"
3) to do, work out
3a) exercise, perform, commit
3b) to cause to exist, produce
4) to work for, earn by working, to acquire
- Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work <2038> iniquity.
- Matthew 21:28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work <2038> to day in my vineyard.
- John 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh <2038> hitherto, and I work <2038>.
- 1 Corinthians 4:12 And labour, working <2038> with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
3930 PARECHO (PAR-EKH'-O)
DOULEUO - to serve in bondage as a slave
from 3844 and 2192; ;v
AV-trouble+2873 5, give 3, bring 2, show 2, do for 1, keep 1, minister 1, offer 1; 16
1) to reach forth, offer
2) to show, afford, supply
3) to be the authors of, or to cause one to have
3a) to give, bring, cause one something either favourable or unfavourable, to occasion
4) to offer, show or present one's self
5) to exhibit or offer on one's own part
5a) to render or afford from one's own resources or by one's own power
- Acts 19:24 For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought <3930> no small gain unto the craftsmen;
- Colossians 4:1 Masters, give <3930> unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.
- 1 Timothy 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister <3930> questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
1398 douleuo (dool-yoo'-o)
LATREUO = to do menial service, to do duty
AV-serve 18, be in bondage 4, do service 3; 25
1) to be a slave, serve, do service
1a) of a nation in subjection to other nations
2) metaph. to obey, submit to
2a) in a good sense, to yield obedience
2b) in a bad sense, of those who become slaves to some base power, to yield to, give one's self up to
- Matthew 6:24 No man can serve <1398> two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve <1398> God and mammon.
- Luke 15:29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve <1398> thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
- Luke 16:13 No servant can serve <1398> two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve <1398> God and mammon.
- John 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were <1398> never in bondage <1398> to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
- Acts 7:7 And the nation to whom they shall be in bondage <1398> will I judge, said God: and after that shall they come forth, and serve me in this place.
- Acts 20:19 Serving <1398> the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:
- Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should <1398> not serve <1398> sin.
- Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve <1398> in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
- Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve <1398> the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
- Romans 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve <1398> the younger.
- Romans 12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving <1398> the Lord;
- Romans 14:18 For he that in these things serveth <1398> Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
- Romans 16:18 For they that are such serve <1398> not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
- Galatians 4:8 ¶ Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service <1398> unto them which by nature are no gods.
- Galatians 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage <1398>?
- Galatians 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage <1398> with her children.
- Galatians 5:13 ¶ For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve <1398> one another.
- Ephesians 6:7 With good will doing service <1398>, as to the Lord, and not to men:
- Philippians 2:22 But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served <1398> with me in the gospel.
- Colossians 3:24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve <1398> the Lord Christ.
- 1 Thessalonians 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve <1398> the living and true God;
- 1 Timothy 6:2 And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service <1398>, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.
- Titus 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving <1398> divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
3000 latreuo (lat-ryoo'-o)
from latris (a hired menial)
AV-serve 16, worship 3, do the service 1, worshipper 1; 21
1) to serve for hire
2) to serve, minister to, either to the gods or men and used alike of slaves and freemen
2a) in the NT, to render religious service or homage, to worship
2b) to perform sacred services, to offer gifts, to worship God in the observance of the rites instituted for his worship
2b1) of priests, to officiate, to discharge the sacred office
- Matthew 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve <3000>.
- Luke 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve <3000> him without fear,
- Luke 2:37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served <3000> God with fastings and prayers night and day.
- Luke 4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve <3000>.
- Acts 7:7 And the nation to whom they shall be in bondage will I judge, said God: and after that shall they come forth, and serve <3000> me in this place.
- Acts 7:42 ¶ Then God turned, and gave them up to worship <3000> the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness?
- Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I <3000> the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
- Acts 26:7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving <3000> God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.
- Acts 27:23 For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve <3000>,
- Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve <3000> with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;
- Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served <3000> the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
- Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship <3000> God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
- 2 Timothy 1:3 I thank God, whom I serve <3000> from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;
- Hebrews 8:5 Who serve <3000> unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
- Hebrews 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service <3000> perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
- Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve <3000> the living God?
- Hebrews 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers <3000> once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
- Hebrews 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve <3000> God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
- Hebrews 13:10 We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve <3000> the tabernacle.
- Revelation 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve <3000> him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
- Revelation 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve <3000> him: