- Lectures: A new lecture will be posted on the Web Page each week
Please print them out and keep them in a notebook. The size of the
lecture material will depend on the extent of the topic being covered.
- Reading Assignments: Each lesson will have required outside reading
usually from Edersheim, or from other web resources. These readings
will help your online discussions.
- Discussion Topics: A suggested subject for discussion will
accompany each lesson. Each student should send his discussion to the
proper e-mail address so everyone reads the mail on this automated
mailing list. (For private conversations among students or
professors, use their private e-mail address.)
- What To Know: Each lesson will conclude with "What you must know."
Study these materials carefully. Be sure you have a good handle on
the material before taking the weekly quiz.
- Weekly Quiz: A multiple choice quiz will be given at the end of each weekly lesson
(posted on Friday must be returned by Saturday p.m.). The final Exam
for the series of lessons (usually 8 lessons) will follow the
completion of the course materials.
- Study paper: A study paper of three typewritten pages is due on any
one of the suggested topics. You may select your own topic with the
professor's permission. This is an independent study and should
reflect your research, thought and biblical insights. It must be
submited in ASCII (text) format, not in your word processor format.
(Minimum of 3 ASCII (text) typed pages.) All papers will be posted on the Web
site for all the students to enjoy.
- Prayer Requests: We are not interested in Aunt Sue's
bunion. Please keep the weekly requests to personal matters. (i.e.
Pray for me as I go for psychiatric tests this week.) (i.e. Pray for
my wife who is having severe headaches.) (i.e. Pray for us as we try
to witness to our neighbors.) Please sign ALL E-MAIL correspondence so
we know who is writing.
- Books: Outside reading will be assigned each week. Usually the
material can be found in its entirety on the Web. From time to time we
will include a bibliography of suggested books on a particular subject.
These books are not required reading, however we strongly encourage you
to invest books to build a good personal library. They will serve you well
as resources throughout your life and ministry.
- Grades: Grades will be based on weekly test scores, discussion
participation, study papers, and the final exam. The grading system
| A = ||4:00 ||100 to 91 |
| B = ||3.00 ||90 to 81 |
| C = ||2:00 ||80 to 71 |
| D = ||1:00 ||70-61 |
| F = || 00 ||below 60 |
This is an experimental course. Be patient, we are all learning to use
this medium. Any ideas and suggestions to make it better are always