An Accountability Partner
The purpose of accountability is "To each day become more Christ-like in
all of your ways." Remember it is Jesus who is the object of our search,
our devotion, our sacrifice, and our affection. Anything less than
intimacy with the living Lord will be a pallid achievement of your time
together. Usually accountability is with one or two others, but no more.
"A three-fold cord is not easily broken."
- Try to ensure each person gets equal "air time." However, if one of you has a particular hard struggle one week, be flexible enough to focus on that issue even if it takes an hour.
- Let each person work through a section at a time, then let the other(s) answer. This will keep things moving better. In a one-hour meeting each has 15 minutes to share, then pray a minimum 15 minutes.
- Donít get bogged down on the questions and neglect the prayer time. Focus on praying for and with one another.
Questions to Start Off the Meeting:
- How has God blessed you this week? (What went right?)
- What problem has consumed your thoughts this week? (What went wrong?)
- Has any temptation overcome you?
- Have your read Godís Word every day? (If not, why not?)
- Describe your prayer life. (Is it regular, consistent, rewarding? Is God answering your prayers? What are you believing God to do? Be specific.)
- How is your relationship with Christ changing? (Is anything stagnate?)
- Did you really worship in church this week? Was your faith stimulated, challenged, strengthened? Was God pleased with your worship?
- Have you shared your faith this week? With whom and in what way? How can you improve?
- Are you in the center of Godís will right now? Do you sense Godís presence? His peace? His anointing on your life and ministry?
- What are you wrestling with in your thought life? (Be honest, specific, real.)
- Is your ethical behavior what it should be? Have you told little white lies, skirted the truth, cheated a little, or compromised your standards in any way?
- Are you priorities in the right order? What are they? Are you tithing? Serving in a ministry? Sacrificing? Are you discipling or mentoring anyone?
- What is happening in your marriage and family? Struggles? Failures? Do you have devotions with your spouse? Your family? (If not, why not?)